Summer in a Bottle Rose
We know Summer is officially almost over but hey, we live in Florida so never far away from the sunshine, so when we visited the Winebow Experience in Orlando last week and saw this bottle we just had to give it a try and were not disappointed.
After 5 years, the Wölffer’s Estate decided it was time for a makeover of their iconic bottle and created the 2019 version featuring all new, limited-edition packaging that reflects a coming of age. The wine is lush and elegant and a perfect balance between fresh fruit and zippy acidity. The wine takes its roots from Roman Roth who bottled his first vintage of rosé, at what was then called SagPond Vineyards, in 1990. Both he and Christian Wölffer knew instantly that there was something magical about Roman’s technique and this special place. Since then, Roman has carefully honed his craft, continually making some of the most thoughtful, complex, and approachable rosé wines in the United States.
Here comes the Sommelier stuff:
- Grapes are sourced from our sustainably farmed Estate vineyard or Estate-managed local farms
- Estate grapes are all hand-picked at desired ripeness, sorted, and handled with extreme care
- Roman leverages expert blending techniques to achieve perfect balance each vintage
- Resulting rosés are interesting and playful with flavor, aroma, and acidity working in perfect harmony to showcase Long Island’s ocean terroir creating a wine with notes of cantaloupe and pear
- Food pairing notes state that by serving chilled, It will shine alongside hors d’oeuvres such as smoked salmon, lobster, shrimp, carpaccio and soft cheeses. It can also complement main-course fish and pork dishes, and at Thanksgiving, it is perfect with turkey.
This wine is a rare example of the creative and alluring packaging only complimenting the quality of the wine contained within, both go hand in hand to make this wine a 2019 standout.
Calling all restaurants and bars – Tony Azzollini can be contacted on tel: 415 215 7662 or [email protected] for all your wine & spirit needs.